CPSA Code of Ethics
By electing to become a member of the California Pool & Spa AssociationTM (CPSA), I agree to abide by this Code of Ethics and to promote the mission of the organization. I understand there is a membership approval process and to become a member of CPSA, I must meet certain criteria, including:
- I agree to abide by all local, state, and federal laws which include having the proper certifications, licenses, and insurance for all the municipalities in which I and/or my firm do business and use honesty as the guiding principal in my business dealings.
- As a manufacturer, distributor, and/or retailer, I/we pledge to sell products that meet or exceed accepted safety and energy standards.
- As a builder and sub-contractor, I/we pledge to design and build in a manner compatible with public health and safety codes and to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- As a pool service company or independent pool service provider, I/we pledge to provide customers the support and service, including quality repairs using proper parts, to maintain their swimming pool and/or spa at the highest standards so that they may enjoy the use of their pools and spas.
- Work for the benefit of the consumer by providing quality products and good construction practices, backed by personal integrity and good customer service.
- Respond to consumer complaints made to any government agency, Better Business Bureau, or equivalent non-government agency.
- I pledge to stay informed regarding state and local public policies and other essential information, rules, and codes affecting the pool and spa business industry.